lundi 20 octobre 2008

Yard Sale Finds

As a rule, I try to avoid garage and yard sales. Having had one myself earlier this year to get rid of some of the effluvia that had accumulated in this house, I'm loath to restock by buying up other people's crap.

But as I turned the corner on Saturday near my house, navigating a multi-family yard sale on three of four corners of an intersection, I saw something that made me turn the corner and park the car.

I didn't even haggle because the price was great.

And now, the hosta-rimmed shady area by the side of my house where two hemlocks died from a fungal infection eight years ago and a K-Mart rhododendron finally gave up the ghost after five years of struggling earlier this year, where nothing seems to want to grow except the tiger lilies I rescued from a neighbor's purge last year and the relentless English ivy that permeates the yard, is occupied by this:



I feel calmer already.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire