vendredi 23 septembre 2005

We picked a good time to get the hell out of here


Tomorrow, Mr. Brilliant and I are off to the Land of Wood and Water, leaving our precious furkids and precious tract house in the care of a very good housesitter. And we couldn't have picked a better time, because betweeen Hurricane Rita, tomorrow's rally in Washington, and rumblings of a national state of emergency and martial law, I think if I were going to be here, I'd go out of my frickin' mind. So instead I'll be sitting on a balcony in Runaway Bay, drinking a pineapple juice, reading a book (it's the one week of the year I have time for fun reading), and listening to reggae.

Martial law, you say? WTF?

William Arkin's Early Warning blog at the Washington Post has some pretty hair-raising information about the Bush Administration and the Department of Defense using Hurricanes Katrina and Rita as an excuse to expand the role of the military here in the US. Go check it out.

While I'm away, The One True Tami and Gabriel from Modern Fabulousity will be doing what they can to hold down the fort.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire