jeudi 15 septembre 2005

Mom, don't you dare even THINK about it


I had decided last week after the Miss Kitty story that I would be THE blogtopia source for warm and fuzzy animal stories. But you see, I have this mother who loves dogs. This is a woman who once spent an entire vacation in Barbados getting the necessary paperwork so that she could bring home a puppy she'd found in the bushes near her hotel. Most of us, when we go to the Caribbean, we bring home a bottle of local rum, a few T-shirts, and maybe some hot sauce. My mom comes home with a puppy.

But of all the dog breeds, her favorite is Rottweilers. I mean, she is CRAZY for Rottweilers. She's had four of them, the first of which was a shelter rescue and was truly a Demon Dog from Hell, but the other three, the most current of which is also a rescue, have been truly lovely animals, if a bit, well, LARGE. You see, when a 120 pound Rottweiler decides to show you how much he adores you, you know you've been adored.

So given Mom's history and her passion for Rotties, I hesitate to link to today's MSNBC blog entry about the latest efforts to rescue pets from St. Bernard Parish.

Don't do it, Mom. I'm telling you....don't do it. A nice poodle, maybe. A Basset Hound, sure. A little sheltie? Why not? A retired racing greyhound? Go for it. I know this guy looks like Fred, but DON'T.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire