jeudi 29 septembre 2005

Margaret Cho's Blog

Now, I'm not normally the type to read blogs of famous people, but this morning I was playing the "blogroll hopping" game. I went to the blog of someone who's been visiting me, and that blog had Margaret Cho blogrolled. So, I started reading. It's oddly like reading Shakepeare's Sister, but with a pink color scheme and a bunch of ads for Margaret Cho stuff on the sides. I was reading along happily when I came across a paragraph that I thought I'd like to share with those of you who I assume aren't reading Margaret's blog regularly, either:

I never had any soft feelings for Barbara Bush. She looks like a Grandma and a Grandpa at the same time, which would normally make me like her, but for some reason, her politics make her Quaker Oats appearance unappealing. She'’s like hot breakfast cereal sprinkled with broken glass and fake compassion. She is like a multigrain muffin with cranberries and thumbtacks. She is the former first lady and the current worst lady. And she is not working well for me.


It's a piece about Mrs. Bush's comments about how Hurricane Katrina was "working out well" for the poor. (Ugh.) Nice Summary!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire