jeudi 26 mai 2005

Hey, Mom! Now I know why you wanted to leave Durham


I know that the southern wingnuts of the Republifascist party want a return to the good old days of the 1950's, but even I didn't think that cross-burnings would be part of it. Pam's House Blend reports:

Three crosses were burned last night in my progressive hometown, one only a couple of miles away from our house, near a middle-class, suburban subdivision. Some are tying it to the visit of members of the Rotting Cryptkeeper's church visit to our city to protest the Laramie Project play held at the Durham School of the Arts. The pathetic Phelps family picketed and were overwhelmingly outnumbered by supporters of the play and its performers.


I haven't heard Bill Frist, or Rick "Man on Dog" Santorum, or Tom "Every Sperm is Sacred" DeLay decrying the so-called "Reverend" Fred Phelps of the First Hatemongering Church o'Jeebus, have you?

Take a look at the photos at Pam's link, if you want to see wingnut hate in action.

Every time a liberal says something inflammatory, the wingnuts scream for progressive leaders to "speak out." Now, until I hear the Christofascists in Congress speak out agains the Durham cross burnings, I can only believe that they support them.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire