mercredi 25 août 2004

The Revolution Starts Now

So Steve Earle, who is Air America Radio's latest hot property (unfortunately overshadowing the masterful Mike Malloy) is on Morning Sedition today plugging his new CD, The Revolution Starts Now, and I'm sitting here counting the people of whom he's derivative.



So far I hear elements of Springsteen, Mellencamp, and Tom Petty. And the song "The Revolution Starts Now" is essentially a hybrid of "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Street Fighting Man."



I mean, it's good music, but it's essentially the same stuff we've been listening to for the last 25 years. And Air America is promoting it so hard that not only can't I get that one riff from the title song out of my head, but I'd rather have root canal without anesthesia now than buy this CD.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire