lundi 18 juillet 2011

It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness

The Japanese Women's World Cup soccer team is one candle in the eyes of a devastated Japan. Here's another one, in the form of the US Women's World Cup soccer team, recognizing the big picture and having perspective:
Midfielder Lauren Cheney: “Hats off to Japan. They just made their country extremely happy and brought joy to somewhere that was needed and that’s the bigger picture.”

Goalkeeper Hope Solo: “Japan is a team that I’ve always had a lot of respect for, and I truly believe that something bigger was pulling for this team. As much as I’ve always wanted this, if there was any other team I could give this to it would have to be Japan. I’m happy for them and they do deserve it.

Midfielder Carli Lloyd: “If any other country was to win this, then I’m really happy and proud for Japan. Deep down inside, I really thought it was our destiny to win it. But maybe it was Japan’s.”


And now, back to cursing the darkness.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire