mardi 26 juin 2007

Sorry, Mets fans, I can't stay out of town forever

Last Friday I headed for North Carolina for a family visit and birthday "celebration", about which the less said the better. Now I am halfway home, in Bethesda, for a Cold Fusion conference, and I can't wait to get home.

There's only one problem: The Mets haven't lost since I left town, and going into tonight's game were 3-1/2 games ahead of the Phillies and 4-1/2 ahead of the hated Atlanta Braves, who are near my current location playing the hapless Washington Nationals.

Meanwhile, the Mets had a better time on my birthday yesterday than I did, as they waited for Shawn Green to arrive at home plate from his home run trot in the 11th inning:



As of this moment, the Metropolitans are losing to the Cardinals and the Braves are beating the crap out of the D.C. Expos. Which means that I can go home on Friday after all.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire