lundi 14 novembre 2005

Marc Maron Radio Death Watch Update


By pure blind dumb luck I stumbled upon some information about Marc Maron's situation at AAR.

I guess all those e-mails to Mike Papantonio and Sheldon and Anita Drobny didn't make one iota of difference -- that pissant little radio Nazi (and yes, I can call him a Nazi because I am a M.O.T. myself) Danny Goldberg is being allowed to make the WORST decision in radio history, for the worst reasons -- and the board is going to allow him to do it.

Yesterday's New York Times article on Rachel Maddow and Randi Rhodes alludes to Maddow taking over for Maron at drive time. Now, I love Rachel Maddow, especially since she took the 5 AM slot, got punchy, and developed a sense of humor. But Marc Maron she ain't, and while I hate to give her the shaft, I will probably be listening to WXPK-107.1 in the mornings once Maron is gone.

If you'd like to join the ranks of Marc Maron post-radio hangers-on, he promises to keep his mailing list up-to date. You can sign up for e-mail updates here.

UPDATE: The excerpt has been deleted at the request of its author and the post reworded.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire