dimanche 28 août 2005

Sunday Movie Fun Diversion


Since I'm going to be painting again today instead of going to the movies to catch up on some of the crap I've missed, here's a fun movie question of the day, taken from an early topic at the late and oft-lamented (though not by me) Cinemarati Roundtable:

Which actor(s)/actress(es) would make you change teams?

For me, the first name that comes to mind (and I suspect there'd be a line a few blocks long in front of me) is Kate Winslet. This young woman is worshipped by women of all ages, sizes, and sexual orientations in a way that transcends gender lines.

La Divine Kate has the kind of cred now that allows her to shill for American Express, in an ad that's admittedly quite clever. But as she's giving the litany of her movie characters' experiences, I'm disappointed that she overlooked thumbing her nose at society and having her illegitimate kids killed by her stepson in JUDE, her most unfairly overlooked film. If you ever want to see a good movie to slit your wrists by, Michael Winterbottom's bleak 1996 Hardy adaptation is the one to pick.

(Hat tip: Nathaniel R.)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire