samedi 19 mars 2011

Best. Blog. Comment. Ever.

Comment to this article indicating that YHWH was once worshipped side-by-side with a fertility goddess names Asherah (known in other traditions as Ishtar). The article refers to Asherah as "God's wife".
Hi, God's wife here. Yes, I exist and let me tell you, it's a hard life, looking after the old man. For one thing he moves in mysterious ways, which might sound romantic but it can get pretty irritating during the course of eternity. I'm like, still still and eat your lunch, can't you? But it's been better in the last couple of thousand years because his only son has been sitting on his right hand, which restricts his mobility a little. But I wish he'd pay more attention to me. Uh oh, gotta go. He was playing with one of his planets again and he's completely trashed part of it. Now he's going to be depressed and start bitching about the atheists and how no one worships him the way they did in the old days, with the sacrifices and the burnt offerings. Boy, he loved those burnt offerings. I tell him, make your own burnt offerings already, Mr omnipotent smarty-pants, but he says it's not the same as when a bunch of ignorant, terrified humans do it. No fun. And he's a jealous God, too, but don't get me started on that. Okay, can't stay here gabbing all day. A woman's work is never done.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire