vendredi 22 février 2008

It's Oscar® weekend. Does anyone care?

I remember when the Academy Awards were a really big deal, something I looked forward to, for all that much of the time I just ended up really aggravated, like the year the self-important Crash beat out Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture. Most of the broadcast is insufferable self-important claptrap about the Importance of the Art of Film To People's Lives, punctuated by the host poking fun at the very people who hired him. Once again Jon Stewart is hosting, and while I'm in the minority who thinks he did a decent job last time, it's not exactly an environment where he can let loose.

No, there's only one reason to watch the Academy Awards, and that's to DISH -- about the clothes, the Botox, the bad plastic surgery. And there's no better place to dish than at the Modern Fabulousity Oscar® Night Chat. I'll post a direct link on Sunday, but mark your calendar now.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire