dimanche 24 juillet 2005

Johnny, we hardly knew ye


So much for the Straight Talk Express:


Stephanopoulos (reading the text of the Classified Information NonDisclosure Agreenent that White House employees are required to sign):"I have been advised that any breach of this Agreement may result in the termination of any security clearance I hold; removal from any position of special confidence and trust requiring such clearances; or the termination of my employment..."

Stephanopoulos: Do you believe that this agreement should be abided by?

McCain: I do, but that also implies that someone knowingly revealed...

Stephanopoulos: This covers negligent disclosures

McCain: Again I don't know what the definition of "negligent" is.


It's sad, really, to see someone who wasn't cowed by the Viet Cong be so completely emasculated by a White House operative who spread filthy rumors about his wife and child five years ago.

(hat tip: Americablog)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire