lundi 13 décembre 2004

Another Good Christian Man


This one's gonna have my mom quaking in her boots. She always said that an anti-Semite lurked under the surface of every gentile. It's from no less Godly a man than William Donohue of the Catholic League:



Who really cares what Hollywood thinks? All these hacks come out there. Hollywood is controlled by secular Jews who hate Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular. It's not a secret, OK? And I'm not afraid to say it. That's why they hate this movie. It's about Jesus Christ, and it's about truth. It's about the messiah. Hollywood likes anal sex. They like to see the public square without nativity scenes. I like families. I like children. They like abortions. I believe in traditional values and restraint. They believe in libertinism. We have nothing in common.




I'm not so sure I see anti-Semitism here, other than the ravings of a crazy man. These wackjobs have always been around. What I'm puzzling over is exactly HOW HE KNOWS that Hollywood likes anal sex? Has he experienced anal sex in Hollywood? Oh, do tell more! And what does he mean by "I like children"? I'm not sure the head of the Catholic League ought to be saying something like this, given his church's recent history with children. Or is that one of those "traditional values" he talks about?



See? Two can play this game.



(via Josh Marshall)



UPDATE: OK, I was wrong. Donohue really IS a vicious anti-Semite. Alterman reprints a horrifying transcript from Scarborough's MSNBC show (hosted by, appropriately, Pat Buchanan) last week, in which Donohue rips the kindly mask off of Roman Catholicism, and shows that the "blood libel" against the Jews is alive and well.



I'm reprinting it here because it's must-reading (yeah, like anyone actually reads this blog...):



[Rabbi Shmuley] BOTEACH: Stop the anti-Semitic garbage, OK?

(CROSSTALK)

DONAHUE: Who‘s making the movies? The Irishmen?

(CROSSTALK)

BOTEACH: Michael Moore is certainly not a Jew. Let me speak here,

DONAHUE: I didn‘t question that.

BOTEACH: Hollywood has become a cesspit because it‘s secular, period.

Don‘t this us—don‘t tell us that it‘s secular Jews.

DONAHUE: So the Catholics are running Hollywood, huh?

(CROSSTALK)

Is it time for Hollywood to dump Michael Moore, and how will the red states react if Tinseltown awards Michael an Oscar this year, and he trashes the president again in front of a TV audience of a billion people on Oscar night?

Bill Donahue, I said I would give you the right of response to the Rabbi‘s remarks before the break. The floor is yours.

DONAHUE: Yes.

Obviously, he‘s concerned about secularists. I‘m talking about secularists in Hollywood. They‘re not Rastafarians. They‘re Jews. Just pick up any copy of the Jewish...

(CROSSTALK)

DONAHUE: And you‘ll learn that.

BOTEACH: Those Jews.

DONAHUE: You‘re going to tell me that the Chinese don‘t live in Chinatown, right? To say that Hollywood is dominated by secular Jews...

Jennifer GIROUX: Yes.

All I can say, Rabbi, is, you‘ve got to concede the fact—and it‘s difficult because we all at times in life have to say, I‘m sorry, I was wrong—we cannot go back and make it that the Hawaiians killed Christ. Mel Gibson and all Christians...

BOTEACH: What are you talking about?

GIROUX: I‘m saying you can‘t rewrite history.

BUCHANAN: Rabbi, cut the personal insults, please. Rabbi, cut the insults, personal insults, please.

(CROSSTALK)

BOTEACH: Oh, come on, Pat.

(CROSSTALK)

BOTEACH: The Jews are ruining the world and you‘re telling me to cut the insults? Come on, Pat. Get real here, OK?





Am I anti-Catholic? Perhaps. But based on the above, and based on the fact that many members of my grandparents' families were murdered in Polish pogroms in the early part of the 20th centuries, and more in Hitler's camps, if William Donohue is the face of the Catholic Church in America, why shouldn't I be?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire