lundi 15 janvier 2007

A pre-emptive strike against a Hillary Clinton candidacy?

First, let me reiterate: I am not a supporter of Hillary Clinton for president. I don't think she should run, I won't work for her, and I highly doubt I'd vote for her -- even in a general election. I am disgusted and appalled by her refusal to admit that her vote for the Iraq war was wrong and her continued squishiness on that issue, and in 2008, that trumps everything. And frankly, I really don't want to relive the "dig for anything" atmosphere that Republicans created -- an atmosphere that has given us eight years of a lunatic with penis size issues in the White House.

That said, I find it interesting that the Bush Administration has appointed J. Timothy Griffin to be the U.S. attorney in Little Rock, Arkansas.

As the New York Times points out, Mr. Griffin...

has a thin legal record but a résumé that includes working for Karl Rove and heading up opposition research for the Republican National Committee.


Hillary Clinton is all but certain to run. Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is all but certain to run. I can add 1 + 1 and get 2.

Interestingly, this appointment, which should have been subject to Senate Confirmation, wasn't, and is apparently part of an Administration tactic to push out U.S. attorneys and replace them with "temporary" appointments that turn out to be not so temporary.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire