samedi 22 janvier 2005

Saturday Blizzard Blogging


If you live in the New York metropolitan area, you should already be getting hammered by the Blizzard of 2005 right about now. And if you're like me, you're torn between seeing this as an opportunity to get a lot done around the house, and sitting around drinking coffee and looking out the window all day. Especially when you can look out at this:








...and pretend you're living in some rural town circa 1846 instead of in one of the most populated areas of the country.



Here in Bergen County, the snow started right on time at noon. The famous B&W Bakery of Hackensack, NJ (otherwise known as the Best Damn Bakery On Earth) was mobbed this morning with people laying in the fuel they'll need for tomorrow's big dig-out, and the famous Route 4 mall traffic was uncharacteristically light. For once, I think people figured that whatever they hadn't bought yet wasn't going to get bought. I don't dare even consider that people have realized that when you live in a built-up suburb, once you get your own driveway shoveled out, you're pretty much home free. Even in the famous 30" blizzard of 1994, we were out and about in a day and a half.



I still like to lay in supplies of various comestibles, though...it's some kind of primal thing, left over from my pioneer ancestors, of which I have none. So last night I braved the surprisingly genial crowds at Trader Joe's and the A&P, stocking up on rice pudding (comfort food), frozen gyoza, oranges, hot cocoa mix, and The Makings for Lasagna, which on snowy days I always feel compelled to make.



I only wish I felt as compelled to clean up our home office so I can paint it.



A quick search through Blogistan for Blizzard Blogging yields the following so far:





Any other blizzard bloggers? Post a comment here. Let us know how you're faring.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire